Following our “Boundaries in Friendships” blog a few days ago and all the great responses we’ve received, I thought you’d be interested in this little tidbit that my radio talk-show host friend, Gary, forwarded from his files of cool stuff to share on the air:
TEN THINGS MEN WILL SAY TO GET YOU IN BED
Ladies, don’t fall for these:
- The Pity Ploy — Often used by the recently-split-up-with-girlfriend guy looking to score. He’ll cry about how devastated he is, swear he never wants to have sex again – and then stick his hand up your top.
- The “It’s Late, Why Not Sleep Here?” Creep — A favorite of men who live far away, this consists of conning you into coming back to their place.
- The “I’ve Got A Big One, Baby” Bull — This guy spreads rumors that he’s hung like a horse in order to get a date.
- The Red-Hot Lover Ruse — He’ll make subtle comments like, “Sleeping with me will be the single most awesome sexual experience of your life, baby.” And he knows that if he keeps on chipping away you may end up sleeping with him, just to be sure you’re not missing out.
- The Get-Her-Drunk-Skunk — Guys are taught this maneuver young. There are three main angles: (1) Coercing you into drinking alcohol when you usually drink something else; (2) Challenging you to match him, drink for drink; (3) Buying all the drinks.
- The Doing-Your-Best-Friend Doozie — If a guy can’t get directly into your pants he’ll have sex with your best friend and hope it makes you jealous.
- The “I Bought You Dinner” Winner — Yes, there’s still the odd man out there who thinks that just because he bought you dinner, you’re supposed to jump into the sack with him.
- The “I-Can’t-Get-It-Up” Goodie — Guys say this in hopes of coercing a woman into taking it as a challenge to get this guy aroused.
- The “Hey, I Forgot I’m Gay” Hoodwink — The aim here is to lull you into a false sense of security before leaping on you, claiming, “I don’t know what came over me.” This way, you’ll feel smug that even gay guys can’t keep their hands off you.
- The “You’re Not My Type” Hype — This is the most cunning scam of all, employing those old favorites – reverse psychology and feminine pride. Every woman loves a challenge, and if he tells you you’re not his type enough times, you’ll be dying to show him how wrong he is.
Yes, even married women can get some of these slime-lines tossed in their direction on occasion, especially from inappropriate male co-workers, so be on your guard ladies!
Have any guys ever tried using these or similar lines on you? If so, give us some tips for how you responded (or wish you’d responded in hindsight). Let’s sharpen one another with words of wisdom and accountability rather than stabbing each other with judgment. We’ve got a lot to learn from one another!
Instead of searching in vain for the “perfect lover,” let’s create the “perfect love” (with our husbands)!
Keep those home fires burning,
HAHAHAHAHA i love you shannon. but what about the guy who’s been trying to “cuddle” after 11pm at night for 2 years lol. OMGosh that one is my favorite. his name.. well we’ll call him J and he just doesnt get the hint. ha. ha. oh i miss you. oh i miss classes at the campus. i recently order the entire completely his series for my girlfriend who’s getting used to the idea of God and Jesus and accepting that she’s a child of God. im excited. the series has blessed me and i know it will for her as well! 🙂 love you shannon!