Shannon is a million-copy best-selling author, 30-year veteran international speaker, and certified life coach with a master’s degree in Counseling/Human Relationships. In her podcast Sexual Confidence On Tap with Shannon Ethridge & Friends, she tackles tough topics such as:
- Healing from sexual & emotional abuse
- Processing the full impact of trauma and/or neglect
- Unpacking baggage created in our earlier years
- Understanding the nature and origin of our sexual fantasies
- Reclaiming self-esteem and a vision for healthier relationships
- Encouraging couples in their pursuit of sexual and emotional fulfillment.
Her passion for healthy sexuality actually began in Mortuary College. Her first career choice, becoming a mortician, led Ethridge to work on dead bodies. Many she embalmed were young people who had died from AIDS or committed suicide as a result of an HIV positive diagnosis. Because of her own promiscuous teenage years, she knew it was a miracle that she was standing over the embalming table rather than laying on top of it.
These experiences inspired her to begin speaking boldly and bluntly to teen, college-age, and adult audiences about the benefits of sexual integrity. She has taught and counseled thousands of young singles and married couples over three decades. She is the author of 22 books, including:
- the best-selling Every Woman’s Battle series about sexual and emotional integrity
- the 5-book Completely His series about spiritual intimacy with Christ
- her book for the mainstream market, The Sexually Confident Wife
- and her latest releases with Thomas Nelson, The Fantasy Fallacy: Exposing the Deeper Meaning Behind Sexual Thoughts and The Passion Principles: Celebrating Sexual Freedom in Marriage; Shannon’s two riveting fiction novels, To Know You and Veil of Secrets.
Shannon has been featured on The Today Show (MSNBC), appeared on the cover of Today’s Christian Woman Magazine, and is a frequent guest on international radio & television shows such as Life Today with James & Betty Robison, and New Life Live! with Stephen Arterburn. She has also been published in numerous magazines and is the winner of a Gold Medallion Award for Excellence in Publishing.
For more information on Shannon’s story and some of her books, see the sample videos below.
Download Shannon’s one-page bio here.